(Last Updated: August 25, 2022)
1. Information We Collect
A. Personally Identifiable Information (Including Data That Is Shared With Third Parties)
In order to serve our customers, we collect personally identifiable information, like names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and sometimes credit card information when such information is voluntarily submitted by our visitors.
We may use your personal information, transfer your personal information, and/or sell your personal information for the purposes explained herein, including, without limitation: (1) to deliver the products and/or services to you that you have requested; (2) to validate your compliance with the terms and conditions; (3) for content improvement and feedback purposes; (4) to reach you, when necessary, regarding your use of the web site or product(s); and (5) to bring retail opportunities and promotional offers to you by email, direct mail, telemarketing, and/or online banner advertising.
We sometimes offer co-registration options where you are authorizing us to share the email and/or phone number that you provide us with certain third party advertisers that you select. Such offers will specifically state which advertisers that we will be sharing your contact information with. By submitting your information to us through a co-registration offer, you agree to receive emails and/or phone calls (depending on the data you provided) from the third party advertiser that was specified on the offer.
Another type of co-registration that we offer consists of the following: The subscriber may also be subscribed to up to two additional advertiser’s email lists, per the disclosure in the email advertisement or opt-in page. From that point on, the new subscriber will continue to receive emails from Trading Tips and up to 2 paid advertisers. You can remove your address from any of these lists by following the instructions at the end of every e-mail.
We sometimes offer click-to-optin options where you can simply click a link to choose to subscribe to the particular mailing list of a third party advertiser that is specified. By clicking such a one-click opt-in link, you agree to be redirected to that advertiser’s confirmation page and to be automatically subscribed to that advertiser’s email newsletter.
We, and our third party service providers, may maintain separate email lists for different purposes. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do.
We will never ask you for personal information–your credit card number, for example–except when you place an order. At that time, we will provide a secure (SSL, encrypted) connection and require you to submit only the information needed to complete and fulfill your order. Only authorized employees of Tradingtips.com will have access to this information. Please note that “personal information” does not include your mailing address. See Mailing Address, below.
When you give us your mailing address, TradingTips will use this information to fulfill your order or subscription and to send you information on other products that may suit your interests. If you don’t want TradingTips to send you this other information, please contact our customer service department at the address listed in the Contacting Us section.
By submitting your email address on this web site, you agree to receive email from us.
When you subscribe to Tradingtips.com via e-mail, your e-mail address is placed in a database and used to send your issues of Tradingtips.com and our sister newsletter SmartInvestingSociety.com. You can remove your address from any of these lists by following the instructions at the end of every e-mail we send.
We will not add your name to our e-mail list without your permission. If your inquiry is about an order or subscription, TradingTips customer service staff will ask you to verify your identity by confirming information already in your record.
You can customize your email and other preferences (such as the lists you are subscribed to) by following the instructions contained in the Section entitled “Updating, Removing, Or Exporting Your Personal Information”. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do.
By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for custom audience targeting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us.
If you wish to stop seeing ads from us on Facebook, you can turn off the ad by using the following steps:
- i. From within Facebook, go to the advertisement you want to turn off.
- ii. Click on the drop-down arrow in the top corner of the ad (that may be in the top right corner or top left corner).
- iii. Click on "Hide ad".
You can also customize the ads you see in Facebook across all advertisers by using the following steps:
- i. Log in to your Facebook account and click “settings”.
- ii. Click on “Ads”.
- iii. On that page you will see a list of options you can choose to limit and/or block the information Facebook shows to advertisers.
If you wish to stop seeing ads from us in Google Ads, you can turn off the ad by using the following steps:
- i. Go to the advertisement you want to turn off.
- ii. Click on the x in the top left corner.
- iii. Click on "Stop seeing this ad".
Other ad platforms we may use in the future have similar ways you can turn off any ad from us to stop seeing it.
In addition, you agree that by submitting your telephone contact information on this web site and/or registering to receive the product and/or service offered herein, such act constitutes a purchase, an inquiry, and/or an application for the purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule (ATSR), 16 CFR ‘310 et seq. and any applicable state and local “do not call” regulations. We retain the right to contact you via telemarketing in accordance with the ATSR and the applicable state regulations.
B. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also may collect various types of non-personally identifiable information to help us make your experience more enjoyable, measure site activity to identify future improvements that should be made, and compile aggregate data to help serve site visitors better.
For example, we may use session and persistent “cookies,” session logs, web beacons, GIF/pixel tags, banner ads, third-party click tracking analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), third party retargeting networks that may display our advertisements to you on other sites that you visit to remind you about us, and third party networks that serve user-requested emails (e.g., for a refer-a-friend email) to collect non-personally identifiable or other aggregated information about site visitors.
Please note that you do have the option to configure most web browsers to NOT accept cookies. However, be aware that disabling cookies may keep you from having access to some functions or services on our web site or the web-hosted software that runs on our web site.
Emails or newsletters that we send electronically may use techniques such as web beacons or pixel tags to gather email metrics and information to improve the reader’s experience, such as the number of emails that are opened, whether they were forwarded or printed, the type of device from which they were opened, and the location (e.g. city, state, and county) associated with the applicable IP address.
If you visit this site with an open ID (such as Facebook), you may also be sharing and integrating data with third-party social media sites, and we may track aggregate data about the number of visits to this site with an open ID, the number of items “liked” on this site, or items on this site that you choose to share with a third-party social media site.
Other parties such as advertising partners and analytics companies may also be collecting information about your online activity across various websites over time. The information collected by those third parties may include identifiers that allow those third parties to tailor the ads that they serve to your computer or other device.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track” signals other than cookies, we do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals that are undefined. We are waiting for the online industry to develop a common protocol for how to treat DNT signals. In the meantime, you can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including those described herein.
Use and processing of collected information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used to personalize your experience; improve our Website; improve customer service and respond to queries and emails of our customers; process transactions; send newsletters; send notification emails such as password reminders, updates, etc; run and operate our Website and Services. Information collected automatically is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding Website usage. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system.
We may process Personal Information related to you if one of the following applies: (i) You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes. Note that under some legislations we may be allowed to process information until you object to such processing (by opting out), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases below. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Information is subject to European data protection law; (ii) Provision of information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof; (iii) Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which you are subject; (iv) Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us; (v) Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. In any case, we will be happy to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Billing and payments
2. Third Party Actions
We do not control and are not liable for the actions of any third parties who we may promote, or the third parties that we may share your data with as described in further detail herein. We pride ourselves in working with quality companies, but have no control over the actions of those third parties. While we are not liable for any of the actions of those third parties, you should feel free to give us feedback from time to time on your experiences with any third parties to whom we work with so that we may enhance our future service to all customers.
Links to other websites
Our Website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or third-parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that may collect Personal Information.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Website has been compromised or users Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do, we will post a notice on the Website.
We will disclose any information we collect, use or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your user account, and Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred.
Changes and amendments
3. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age. If your minor child has provided us with personally identifiable information, you may contact us at the phone number or mailing address listed in the section entitled “Contacting Us” if you want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to remove your child’s information from the database that stores the information.
At TradingTips, we maintain a ZERO TOLERANCE Spam Policy. We are highly sensitive to the privacy of and are dedicated to protecting the rights of all Internet citizens. We vigorously oppose the sending of unsolicited e-messages (Spam) and will make every effort to enforce this policy.
TradingTips does NOT allow our products or services to be referenced in Spam.
If you believe that Tradingtips.com has sent you unsolicited commercial e-mail (spam), please send an e-mail to email@example.com
5. Commitment to Data Security
All information collected from you is stored in a technically and physically secure environment. Furthermore, employees, contractors, and vendors who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services for us are required to keep the information confidential.
We use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, and we do everything we can to protect user information offline. Unfortunately, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we take reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the information that you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
6. Updating, Removing, or Exporting your Personal Information
If you are a subscriber to one of our mailing lists, you can customize your information, email frequency, and the mailing lists you have subscribed to at any time by simply clicking the link called “Manage Preferences” at the bottom of any email you receive from us. That will take you to a preferences center where you can update your information and communication preferences.
If you have questions about the use, amendment, or deletion of Personal Information that you have provided to Us, or if you would like to opt out of future communications from us, please contact us using the information below in the Contacting Us section.
If you are a European subject residing in the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, effective May 25, 2018:
- If you wish to access, correct, update your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded beyond what the laws allow, repetitive or excessive, or we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- If you wish to request that we forget you from our database, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Forget Me” and explain in the body of the email that you are asking to have your personal data deleted. To protect user privacy, you must send such a request from the account information we have on file or the request will not be honored. We reserve the right to retain any data that we are required to maintain under applicable laws. Some data will be anonymized rather than deleted; this means that some of the data will be held in a form that cannot be connected to you personally. Please be aware that once we delete your data, we will be unable to “undelete” it.
- If you wish to request that we export your data, such as for purposes of porting it to another vendor, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Export My Data” and explain in the body of the email that you are asking for a data export. We have a standard data export format that we will provide and are not able to create custom exports. To protect user privacy, you must send such a request from the account information we have on file or the request will not be honored.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. However, if you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests as promptly as possible and wait time for response may vary. Occasionally it may take us longer, if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you. We will meet any particular deadline as required by law, but otherwise our response times may vary as set forth in this section.
- If you are an EU subject and you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
- Please note that if you signed up to receive one of our third-party advertiser’s offers, you will have to separately contact that third-party advertiser in order to exercise your rights with that advertiser or to unsubscribe from that third-party advertiser’s list.
7. Contacting Us
If you need to contact us, you can email us at email@example.com, or send us a letter at:
3435 Ocean Park Blvd. Suite 107-334
Santa Monica, CA 90405
10. Note To California Residents (Effective January 1st, 2020)
If you live in the State of California, under the California Civil Code, you have the right to request that companies who conduct business in California provide you with a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed Personal Information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and want to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, you must send a request to the following address with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). Please send an email to the Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests sent via email must be labeled "Your California Privacy Rights" on the email subject line and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please include your zip code for our own recordkeeping.
We do not accept requests via the mail, telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
The Right to be Forgotten
- The right to be forgotten is the right to have negative private information about a person to be removed from Internet searches and other directories under some circumstances. This includes the right of freedom of expression and information,
compliance with a legal obligation.
If you wish to request that your information to ‘forgotten” please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Right to be Forgotten” and explain in the body of the email which information and the location.To protect user privacy, you must send such a request from email only.
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.